Tuesday, March 1, 2011

C4T#2 comment post summary

In this first post my teacher started off by saying that her new classroom was designed to not need air-conditioning, but would rely on fresh air ventilation. In theory this is a good thing, but when the ambient temperature is close to 100 degrees with 90% humidity that makes the ventilation seem more like a "sauna". She went on to say that she was thankful for the opportunities she does have to teach children who are eager to learn, starting a new term, and learning new ways to incorporate technology into her classroom.
I commented by saying that I sympathized with her situation, noting that it regularly reaches those same temperatures here. I was also proud of her bright attitude, she seemed to only be looking on the bright side of the situation.

The second teacher I was assigned to was Henrietta Miller, a year 5 teacher in Sydney, Australia.  She blogged  about a show that is airing in Australia that follows students through their years in school.  She had some interesting points that were made during the show that she shared concerning student success rates, the one that I found most interesting was a child's persistence. I commented about the troubles I have with my own son and his persistence, and asked if she had any tips on how to encourage him in his academic endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment