Thursday, March 31, 2011

C4T#1 Comments 3 and 4

My teacher that was assigned to me was Joe Dale. His blog this week was about an education conference that he had gone to and how he was able to use technology to teach Language.  There were several different links on this blog, the one that I found most interesting was an AudioBoo that Mr. Dale and a Mr. David Muir did on some of the things covered in the conference.  Mr. Muir talked about how he is getting his students to use a computer for giving a speech, and how the computer will help with pronunciations of the different words and help them practice their speech.  In this same clip they seemed a bit down on Macintosh and seemed more in favor of PC's, I questioned this and told them the personal preference of certain people in EDM 310.


Posterous Learning
My second blog that I commented on for Mr. Dale was a conference he gave about how to use Posterous as a platform for teachers to blog.  His blog post went through every step, from how to set up your blog, to edit and make posts from your phone, to how to involve students with the content and share their assignments.  He went onto show teachers the different audio and visual clips that could be posted by simply sending an e-mail.  I told him that I was very grateful for his in depth lesson on how to use the forum and invited him to follow my blog and the one for the class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment