Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog Post # 5

Eagle's Nest Radio and Class Blog

This was a very interesting and entertaining Class Blog. I would not be opposed to implementing this in the classroom. This is a very good way to get the children more interested in the subjects that we would cover, and give them a sense of accomplishment and pride in the knowledge that they have gained. I think that this would also make the kids more active learners and more likely to retain what they have learned.

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom

I like the idea of Podcasting in the classroom for a couple of reasons. First, this gives children
the ability to stay up to date with things going on in the classroom when they are ill and unable to come to class. This makes it easier for these students to be prepared with the rest of their classmates when it is time to be tested on these lessons. Secondly, students would be able to review these podcast to help review for a test, and find links to other sites that could have beneficial information. I was also surprised to see all of the children interviewed liked podcasts.

100 Ways to Use Your I Pod to Learn and Study Better

I was completely shocked to find out some of the different ways you can use your I Pod in studying. the most interesting part for me was to learn that you can install spark notes on it as a quick reference while writing a paper. And also a way that you can get a tutorial on your I Pod as well. The only reservation that I would have is the quick and easy access to these spark notes makes it easier for students to avoid actually reading an assigned book.

2 comments:

  1. "I would not be opposed to implementing this in the classroom." That's good to know. But would you be a podcasting teacher yourself?

    "I was also surprised to see all of the children interviewed liked podcasts." Really? They love to use technology!

    Have you seen the data I placed on the class blog about reading text among 8-18 year olds in the United States. :38 a day! 4 1/2 hour a week! That battle is lost. You need not worry about "The only reservation that I would have is the quick and easy access to these spark notes makes it easier for students to avoid actually reading an assigned book." They will avoid a whole book with or without spark notes. EDM310 students get upset when a movie they have to watch is 9:46!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jordan,

    Your blog post was well done. I was completely shocked with the things I've learned we could do with our IPods now too. I also liked what you said about the Eagle podcast and blog. I think it a great way to get children more involved in their school work and interested in their subject they are currently learning.

    ReplyDelete