Saturday, February 5, 2011

Blog Post # 3

1. These all seem like common for todays common College student. But, I am not the average college student of today. I am thirty-four years old, have a wife and three children, and work forty-fifty hours a week. So to say that I have any similarities with the students in the video is not really representing me or other students in my situation. I know that there are other people that have gone to school later in life, like I am doing right now, but this video is focusing on the eighteen-twenty-two year old crowd.
That being said, i am in the same boat as them when it comes to text books that we have to buy and never use. Also how I will be in debt after I have finished my degree. If I were to make this video I would have tried to show the life of a student that has started school after they have started their life.
2.Hello Ms.Hines my name is Jordan Sellers and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class. This course is devoted to show prospective teachers how new technology can be used in the classroom, so everything in your article is not falling on deaf ears. I think that the main problem will be with teachers that have established their careers, it is hard to "teach an old dog new tricks", but I do agree that we must change the way we teach our students to keep up with the world's technologies, if only to keep student's attention. I will be posting this comment on my class blog my blog URL is http://SellersJordamedm310.blogspot.com
3. Hello Mr Fisch, My name is Jordan Sellers and I am commenting on your post as part of a required assignment for Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class. I think that for the most part teachers need to have at least a basic knowledge of technologies that are available to student so that the students will have us as a resource to learn more about these and be prepared for their future in the world. I will be posting this on my class blog, the URL is http://SellersJordanedm310.blogspot.com
4. When this link is shown it shows us the amount of people going on and using the computer every moment of the day, some of them have to be students of some teacher. This just goes to show us that our students are going to be tech savvy and we as prospective teachers need to be able to keep up with them on their educational journey.

1 comment:

  1. And you have twins!

    So the Wesch video did not relate to you as a student except in the book arena. What about what the video has to say about how we organize and deliver our instruction these days? And what does that mean for you as a career educator?

    We can get by these days with a basic understanding of technology? How does Gary Hayes' Media Counter affect that argument?

    ReplyDelete