Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blog post # 1 about me

      Hello, my name is Jordan Sellers and I am married with three children.  I took the long way to get into college and establishing a career, most try to start a career and be established before starting a family, but  I felt that would be far to easy.  I am now training to be a teacher and look forward to working with elementary school students.


      My  wife is an RNworking at Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola. She works in the NICU(the small premature or sick babies) and I am truly amazed at the work she does.  I have a son, Donovan, that is eleven and in fifth grade.  Also, I have twin daughters, Ryann and Quinn, who are nine years old (they were born 9/11/01).
     I am coming to school so late in life because I had to wait for the amount of vacation time that I have availableto me. I am a shift supervisor for  an oil company here in mobile, NOT BP, I have to clarify that all the time now. Every class that I go to is another vacation day that I have to use, so people that say they can't go to college because they have to work or they don't have the time aren't getting any sympathy from me.

3 comments:

  1. I just want to check to see if this will notify me on any comments I will receive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jordan!

    Welcome to EDM310!

    Excellent post! I love when I find male Elementary Education majors; we definitely need more in our program! I also find it inspiring that you've worked so hard in order to attend college. It must be hard to spend your vacation days at school!

    But just be sure to add pictures, complete with title and alt modifiers for all of your upcoming posts.

    I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts and hopefully getting to know you in lab this semester!

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jordan, My wife is an RN also and works at Singing River Hospital in Pascagoula,MS. That is really neat that you have twin girls. I also have a twin brother named Jason.

    ReplyDelete